Friday 13 January 2012

Sunshine and Schnauzers


Writing this blog has made me many friends all over the world. Its amazing to think of someone in other parts of Britain and Europe, Japan, Australia, North and South America, Europe  or South Africa reading what I've written and looking at pictures of my world when theirs is so different. 
Even better when a bit of 'their' world appears in mine. 
This is what happened recently when Elizabeth Armstrong, feltmaker, teacher, and wool dyer extraordinaire, sent me some of her hand dyed wool for feltmaking.
Wasn't that lovely of her? Thank you Elizabeth. It arrived a while ago and I took it the felt group today. It was like a bit of Australian sunshine lighting up the dreary grey of Lancashire! 

 There was a lovely pink and orange combination too. It reminded me of 'fruit salad' chews we had as children. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it.
I laid out the wool and its even nicer when the colours blend together.
It produced a grogeous piece of felt ready to be made into some luscious brooches..perhaps hearts for Valentine's Day.
I have the velvet exactly to match it.

Thanks for all your comments about my last post . My piece is still on ebay with 47 watchers....you know who you are! 11 bids and a reasonable total so far. Someone asked me today how much I'd like to get for it. 
£10,000 of course..I replied.
But I am realistic. I'm hoping all those watchers will swoop in with high bids at the end, but then two of my friends have bid and I don't want to upset them either! Ooooh...I'll never make a good businesswoman will I?

Do you remember this little moppy puppy?
 With hair all over her face?
 Well Ta daaaaa! 
 She's been for a haircut. We love her all over again in a different way. Her fur is so soft and smooth. She looks so grown up. We can see her eyes.

She's a little Princess.
Mind you ..her behaviour reminds me of the Princess and the Pee...(Yes I meant that)

Time for a diamante collar I think!

(Or perhaps a Harris Tweed coat?)

35 comments:

jeanette, mistress of longears said...

Love our luscious felt... and the Princess couldn't be more enchanting. She brought such a smile to my face!

Anonymous said...

Such a vibrant colour combination - and doggie is cute too!

A time to dance said...

We can't wait to meet her our friends have a little boy version called Baxter ... Hope we can meet at half term

Linda Vincent said...

Your felt looks scrummy - and you have velvet to match? Swoon.....
Princess Hetty would look gorgeous in tweed or diamonds. I'm still smiling over the photo of her in the bath :-)

We've both ended our blog posts with pet stories this evening......

Els said...

Lovely coloured wool, you're a lucky girl!
No, no diamants! A felted name tag for Hetty, with a soft bit of velvet on it perhaps .... ;-)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Beautiful felt, but you know my heart lies with the Princess.

Sandies' Patch said...

Aaah! Aprincess should wear a diamante collar AND have a tweed coat for the Royal 'WEE' walkies!
She's gorgeous!
Love the felting too!

Sandie xx

Miriam Weaver said...

Hetty does look like a little princess, why not diamonds and tweed? The pee bit will improve. The felt is such a lovely colour nice and bright, just what we need on January to cheer us all up, it seems to be getting dark so early!

Sandy said...

That is luscious fleece. Puppy is so cute with her new hairdo. Wish mine would behave.

Jane S. said...

Hetty has eyes?!? I didn't know that before. ;)

Lovely lovely fluffy wool and felt, that green combination is dreamy!

Katie said...

Isn't it wonderful this worldwide community! Lovely wool! I'm jealous. :0)

Dot said...

Having seen (and felt-pardon the pun!) Elizabeth's wool firsthand I know how beautiful it is. Lovely piece of felt you made from it too. Miss Hetty looks particularly beautiful with her new hair cut.
Dot xx
P.S I agree with Linda, I would swoon over your matching velvet piece being a huge fan of those colors.

Robin Mac said...

Gorgeous colours in the felt, really Aussie colours! Hetty looks even cuter now we can see her eyes, Harris tweek and velvet rather than diamente for my money. cheers

Heather said...

Those fibres are gorgeous and your velvet is perfect - more lovely brooches to look forward to.
Hetty looks very smart with her new hairstyle - I hope to look nearly as good myself on Monday when I have mine cut!
Good Luck on Ebay.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what gorgeous felt! Your blog always makes me desparate to do some felt making, I must make some time for it soon.

I love seeing photos of Hetty, she's so sweet :D

Anonymous said...

Harris Tweed coat I think, would come in handy today as is very cold. Loving the felt (my favourite colours are blue/green) and looking forward to whatever you make with it...it will be stunning!

sharon young said...

What a fantastic colour, looking forward to seeing what you make with it.
Your little doggie is making me so........ dog broody, she is wonderful.

lilylovekin said...

And you are my friend in England so far away, it feels so exotic!! Hettie is adorable with her new cut, I love their softness after a bath. Best of luck with the auction.

Patty Biermans said...

Hetty has lovely eyes, and I can see a shimmer of naughtiness in it :)). I love your felt, can't wait until I see how you used it! hugzz...peebee

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think the Harris tweed coat!

AllSensesArt said...

You know that you have Hettyy pulling power for this blog. Now all I need is to rope my cat Sophie into my blog !!

Elizabeth Armstrong said...

Thankyou for the lovely coments re the wool Jackie! YOu have made a gorgeous felt. Trying to compete with such a little cutie is a tall order though!

Look forward to seeing the brooches
happy creating
Elizabeth

Gina said...

I think Hetty needs a felt and velvet collar! She is very cute!

veronica said...

Oh, my word, she is the absolute twin of my lovely girl, but I have had her for 6 years. What joy you have to come with this happy, friendly (but barky) breed.Veronica.

Maggi said...

Gorgeous colored tops from Elizabeth and Hetty just looks so cute.

online writing jobs said...

thank you for the post!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see what you make with that gorgeous felt you've created. I too love that blogging has made me friends all over the world...and introduced me to Ms. Hetty. I think maybe a houndstooth coat would be good :)

write my term paper said...

Cool post! Thanks a lot for it.

Ruthie Redden said...

Dear Jackie, oh I love that "the princess and the pee" I think I can safely apply that to Poppy to at the moment ;-)

I love the "fruit salad" colour it is exactly like the chews we used to get!

Rosie said...

Gorgeous felt but Hetty stole the show for me .... and i do feel that nothing but pink with diamonds would do for her.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Jackie. The greens are sumptuous. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that lovely felt. Up until now, felt has not really tempted me--but you make it hard to resist!
best, nadia

Emma said...

Oh what a little face! Lovely green felt, too.

Trying to get inspiration from Etsy shops while I'm being 'verified' & would love to visit yours. What name do you go by as your 'my Etsy shop' button isn't working...for me, anyway?

Needleit said...

Wish I looked that good after a haircut. :)

Pam said...

Definitely looking like a big girl now! Just as beautiful too! :)) x

silverpebble said...

Wow, the second image down looks like the aurora, which, by all accounts you should have been able to see last night!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.