Monday 29 October 2012

Bagsy

It seems a while!
Thank you all you lovely commenters. I hope I managed to reply to everyone.

I seem to have been making nothing but brooches lately . Time for a bit of a change. I started with the felt motif as usual.



Can you tell what it is yet? As Rolf would say.
I stole a bit of delicious jade linen from some yards I had for curtains because I just knew it would be right for it.
A lightweight roomy shopper.
I made one a couple of years ago when I went to Ally Pally and I was actually recognised by it!
Here it is.


(Ooh I just went back to 'that post'..I can't believe how long ago it was.2009 was 'the weird year' for me  with tremendous ups and downs. I read it again and all the 40 comments and it was a lovely reminder of some bloggers and a friend who I seem to have 'lost').


Its something I still use regularly, its crumpled but its useful! I take it to shows in my handbag and then when I have bought stuff it gets swapped and I put my handbag inside it. Its a bit like Mary Poppins' carpet bag and holds more than you might imagine.
(Its currently doing its duty as the dog class bag..toting the brush, the toy, the treats, the poo bags, and the vaccination certificates every tuesday night to the place where we feel like failures! Hetty has NOT been entered for the bronze test tomorrow.."sob" I am mortified..Hetty doesn't care a fig)


Anyway I thought I'd cut down on making time by using lovely cream webbing for the long handles.
I love the look of them against the jade.

I love the deliciously soft linen-y crumply-ness which I must say isn't as pronounced as it looks in this picture.
Its been so dull here since I made it I couldn't get a good picture so I hope this will do.

Also: many thanks to all who click the 'top blogs by crafters' button in my sidebar. I am hovering between first and second on the list at the moment and its all down to those who click!

(Update: it seems the button isn't loading its picture at the moment. Its the one below the words that say I'm hovering between top and second..)
Bye for now.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great bag. It is so simple and elegant and very much your trademark. If I could find the button to click on I would but not sure which one it is.

Gill said...

Fabulous bag!
I 'clicked'!! is that all I have to do???

Rachel said...

It is a lovely little bag!

Annie said...

Love your new bag....I looked but couldn''t find the link to click for you.
Hugs,
A x

Su said...

Lovely bag, gorgeous colours :-)

Heather said...

What a great idea to perk up a shopping bag with your delightful little stitched felt shapes. It makes a plain bag so elegant.

Els said...

Ha, it will be good to fill this shopping bag with goodies every day ....

Living to work - working to live said...

Tell little Hettie that she needs to get herself sorted or she won't get a super new treats and toys bag. (Mind you, one of my doggy 'carees' wouldn't give a bone for such trivia. If it doesn't move and he cannot chase it - or eat it - then it is not worth a second look! He would be drummed out of the classes as a no hoper!)

A lovely bag - I like the simplicity of it with the motif just to hint at who made it. Wonderful.

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely and useful too. Fits William Morris's criteria to a T!

Carol Q said...

ooh fab Jackie. are you going to make some to sell???

Anonymous said...

I like the new bag very much - the colours go really well together. Perhaps you should think about going into production?

Jackie said...

In answer to some comments where I can't find a way to reply, yes I will be going into production. Blog readers get 20% discount n my etsy shop but you need to contact me first to ask for the code.

Robin Mac said...

I am catching up on your posts now we are home again - you have been so busy - I love the bags, and how useful they are. I do remember your original post in 2009, and I am glad you are over all that trauma. The felt in the previous post is lovely too. Cheers.

Gina said...

It's beautiful Jackie... and how clever to carry something that is instantly recognisable as "you"

Rosie said...

Just gorgeous - that duck egg blue linen is perfect. And you've reminded me that I had a cunning plan to make people shopping bags for Christmas ....

Twiglet said...

Perfect little bag - I couldn't click for you but will try again. x Jo

jońska said...

Love this!

Paint Pots and Petals said...

Lovely lovely as always. Take a tip from Hetty re:doggy school she has the right attitude. xx N

Elderberry-Rob said...

I'm wearing my leaf today Jackie (did a little post last week about it) - your bags are a pretty idea. Betty

JP said...

a fantastic thing to have in your bag - a useful bag!!! at least it starts off empty - not like my handbags that just get heavier and heavier!!

Anna said...

What fun to be recognised by your bag!! I do like this one, as you say, it's good to have a change from the usual things we do.



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.